Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Close, just not there yet...

Another week of waiting unfortunately. Yesterday my Plastic Surgeon confirmed my skin needs an extra week of healing which means Chemotherapy will be postponed another week. I'm close, just not there yet - which is beginning to sound like the story of my life right now! I'm not exactly "excited" to start Chemotherapy, but as the horror stories and urban legends have us believe, I'm very nervous about it as I don't know how I'll react. My Chemotherapy 2-hour lesson was so overwhelming for me - from the potential side effects to the strict regiment of drugs I'll need to be on - I feel like the only way I can get over this anxiety is to just get it started. I guess I should be thankful to have another week of feeling 50% myself (instead of perhaps 10% myself once I start Chemotherapy) - and trying to adopt a "glass half full" mentality, I'll keep telling myself that all week. But I'm just so nervous about it, the waiting is beginning to tear me apart.

Chemo aside, this past weekend my very special friends took me wig shopping and I came home with 4 new sassy looks. I'm not going to post photos, I'll let you imagine what they are. But we have named them... "Roxy", "Niki", "Suki" and "Crystal", and they will all be making appearances once I lose my hair. I'm sure the collection will continue to grow, as I can't really shop for clothes right now, so wigs have become my new accessory of choice!

I am thrilled with the new photos being posted to Instagram! Thanks again for your support and love.


No comments:

Post a Comment