Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Mele Kalikimaka

No I'm not in Hawaii this Christmas, although ringing in the Holidays to the sounds of the waves crashing on the beaches of Maui does sound fabulous! Just a quick post today to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas. I hope the holidays are treating all of you well, and you are able to spend time with your loved ones.

Jon and I are in Northern California with my side of the family. Last night Jon and I spent Christmas Eve with my parents and my sister Kristina and her husband Brad. It was a festive night, and my mom cooked a very delicious organic turkey and her famous potato salad. Tonight we head over to my cousin Suzanne's where our extended family will celebrate Christmas together. It's been a great few days, giving me the opportunity to catch my family up on my experiences and decisions in person, face-to-face.

Not much new news to share. I think the next 2-3 weeks will allow me to finally find peace in the decisions I've made to date. I love the network of Doctors I've chosen, and I'm really confident in my decision to get a double mastectomy. Most recently the thing that's been keeping me up at night is this budding fear of being under the knife for a full 6-8 hours. I've had 2 previous surgeries in my life, both were under 1 hour and I didn't have much time to fret about them. 6-8 hours is a lot more daunting, and I pray my Anesthesiologist keeps a watchful eye on my monitor so there is absolutely no way I will feel or remember anything. I blame those Twilight Zone and The Creep Show shorts I grew up with for putting such horrible and ridiculous fears in my subconscious!

When I have more time I will share a bit more detail on what is going to happen during the surgery, it's actually quite interesting.

But for now I'll close with a Holiday wish to all of you to enjoy your time with your family and friends, and cherish every moment you have with them. Hugs and kisses to all of you.


No comments:

Post a Comment