Thursday, January 10, 2013

Sprinklings of love

It's time! Let's kick this cancers ass, let's remove it from my body and start the next phase in my recovery. I'm confident, I'm strong, I'm a fighter... I'm ready to wake up cancer free.

Today has been peaceful. I've been able to slowly pack for my hospital stay, re-read my pre-surgery instructions, touch base with family and friends, and relax. I know I'm loved, and I know I have so many positive wishes and prayers being sent my way that I will be just fine. 

Tomorrow I will check into the surgery center at 6:30 am. I'm the only surgery, so I should be in surgery by 7:30 or 8. My Surgeon has promised to call Jon for a "half time report", as I can only imagine the anxiety he will be going through while I'm under. I look forward to waking up and having him beside me in recovery, and then they'll whisk me off to Serenity where I will begin my recovery.

I'm sure I'll have some fun stories to share of drain bags and saline injections once I'm out of this, but as someone just told me... take it one day at a time.  And right now I'm focused on a successful surgery and a smiling husband when I wake up.

Love to all of you, and thanks for sending the positive energy, loves, hugs and kisses. I've collected each and every one of them and will spread them all around me tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Ya Nicole!! We're all thinking of you over here -- here's to a speedy recovery and a cancer free future! woo hoo! :) xx Chelsea McGovern

    ReplyDelete